Re: DELETE eats up all memory and crashes box

От Worky Workerson
Тема Re: DELETE eats up all memory and crashes box
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Note that whether you have CASCADE or not is not the issue --- if you
> are doing a delete in a foreign-key-referenced relation at all, you
> are going to have a trigger event per deleted row no matter what the
> details of the FK are.

So the best/fastest* way to do this would be to remove the FK
relationship from the tables, delete all my rows with DELETE ... WHERE
ip IN (SELECT ...) in the previously FK-ed tables,  delete all the
rows in the PK table, then recreate the FK relationships?  I tried
this and it was pretty snappy, assuming that all the indexes are
built.

*note: loading/creating a datawarehouse, guaranteed exclusive access.
Current DW size is about 10 GB.

Сообщение: Re: Storing images in PostgreSQL databases (again)
Сообщение: Re: Storing images in PostgreSQL databases (again)