Re: Problem w/ IDENT authentication

От Ian Pilcher
Тема Re: Problem w/ IDENT authentication
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Tom Lane wrote:

> Sometimes life's like that ;-).  But actually this does tell something:
> the lack of any additional log message implies that we did get a
> response from the ident server, since ident_inet() will bleat about
> connection failures and so forth.  What I conclude is that ident is not
> reporting tomcat4 as the owner of the tomcat process, but something
> else.  Perhaps root?  How is the tomcat stuff getting launched, anyway?

I've recreated this problem with a very simple standalone Java program:

import java.sql.*;
import java.io.*;

public class JdbcTest
{
     {
         Class.forName("org.postgresql.Driver");
    Connection db = DriverManager.getConnection(args[0], args[1],
                                                     args[2]);
    db.close();
     }
}

When I run it as tomcat4 I get the same IDENT authentication failure, so
it doesn't appear to be a Tomcat issue.

Turning on pidentd logging, it appears that it simply doesn't work for
Java processes.  Insert expletive here!

Thanks for your help!

Ian Pilcher                                        i.pilcher@comcast.net