Re: pgsql: Integrate recovery.conf into postgresql.conf

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: pgsql: Integrate recovery.conf into postgresql.conf
Дата
Re: pgsql: Integrate recovery.conf into postgresql.conf  (Sergei Kornilov <sk@zsrv.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 26/11/2018 13:32, Sergei Kornilov wrote:
>> Timed out while waiting for standby to catch up at
>> t/003_recovery_targets.pl line 34.
>
> I can reproduce this and notice wrong assign settings order. For example standby_6 has
>>     recovery_target_name = '$recovery_name'
>>     recovery_target_xid  = '$recovery_txid'
>>     recovery_target_time = '$recovery_time'
> But recoveryTarget was set to RECOVERY_TARGET_XID
> Without -DEXEC_BACKEND all fine.
>
> As far as I understand the guc.c code with EXEC_BACKEND all processes uses different config processing logic. We
serializeall GUC and restore at process start. And we sort GUC by name in build_guc_variables - so we restore settings
inwrong order. I was afraid that the GUC system does not guarantee the order of settings...

> What is preferable solution? Seems we can not simple change this logic.

What is the reason for allowing multiple recovery_target_* settings and
taking the last one?  Could we change this aspect to make this behave
better?

> I think i can reorganize all new recovery_target_* GUC into single one with format, for example, recovery_target =
"xid:607"(was mentioned in patch discussion).

That would be another option.

От: Surafel Temesgen
Сообщение: Re: COPY FROM WHEN condition
От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Integrate recovery.conf into postgresql.conf