Re: Starting PostgreSQL 8.0.4 with more memory [FreeBSD 6.0]

От Vlad
Тема Re: Starting PostgreSQL 8.0.4 with more memory [FreeBSD 6.0]
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom,

I understood your point on memory usage. Out of curiosity - 115200
buffers seems to be little less than 1 gig (I assume 1 buffer = 8k),
so I could not get any closer to 2gigs anyways....

Is it practical experience that more than 50000 buggers actually hurts
postgresql performance? Any ideas why? What about really big
databases?

> BTW, where did you get the idea that it was sensible to set work_mem
> higher than maintenance_work_mem?  That's just nuts.

I was just playing with different settings to see if there is one I
can adjust to get it started.

> See the pgsql-performance archives for past discussions of this topic.

ok, thnx

--

Vlad