Re: Data Modelling Tools

От Vlad
Тема Re: Data Modelling Tools
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> For example, this tool doesn't realize that in postgres you can't add a
> column and set not null in one ALTER TABLE statement.  So we are forced to
> manually comb through the SQL scripts it creates and fix the buggy
> statements.

AFAIK started  from version 8 it can be combined into single alter statement.

speaking of visual tools - does anyone know a tool to "pretty" SQL
statement (ala "tidy")? Sometimes we have to dig thruogh
auto-generated SQL queries 30k-60k size, which is quite hard to do
when it's one row w/o any indents and line breaks.

--
Vlad