Re: [GENERAL] LYDB: What advice about stored procedures and otherserver side code?

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: [GENERAL] LYDB: What advice about stored procedures and otherserver side code?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 12/29/2016 02:12 AM, Christoph Moench-Tegeder wrote:
> ## Karsten Hilbert (Karsten.Hilbert@gmx.net):
>
>>> Many applications are not designed to have a "stable" database API.
>> It seems OP is arguing they should.
>
> Well, if the environment allows for that, fine. If not, well, duh.

Been following along and while there are several views there seems to be
one constant: "there should be a method to the madness". For a
particular situation a best try should be made to analyze what the
current and future needs are and plan a course of action that meets
those needs the best. This could be database-centric or app-centric. In
a perfect world this would be a non-biased decision, though I suspect it
tends to follow the inclinations/backgrounds of those involved in the
planning. In any case a defined course of action that is set out and
followed would seem to be better then arbitrarily bolting on
new/different methods on a whim.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] vacuumdb --analyze-only scans all pages?
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] vacuumdb --analyze-only scans all pages?