Re: [pgsql-pkg-debian] Missing Postgis.control

От Markus Wanner
Тема Re: [pgsql-pkg-debian] Missing Postgis.control
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-debian
> On 6/15/17 14:40, Markus Wanner wrote:
>> On 06/15/2017 05:43 PM, Ryan Taylor wrote:
>>> I thought the "postgis scripts" package was for updating the server's
>>> postgis version?
>> Correct, it's not strictly needed after CREATE EXTENSION, but the
>> extension keeps working without it.
>
> Hmm, this is true but might be confusing in the long run.

What would be less confusing?

I think it's similar enough to how Debian handles library upgrades.

>> While the *-scripts packages conflict against each other, the extension
>> packages (postgresql-X.Y-postgis-M.N) do not, allowing users to upgrade
>> without breaking existing installations.
>
> I don't understand this.  Upgrade postgresql or upgrade postgis?

postgis

Use case: you installed postgis-2.2, created the extension, set it up to
be used in a database, and later do an 'apt-get dist-upgrade', giving
you postgis-2.3. Your database will continue to work (with the
postgis-2.2 version).

Upgrading PostgreSQL is an entirely different story.

Regards

Markus