Re: Strange results from to_timestamp

От Adrian Maier
Тема Re: Strange results from to_timestamp
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Mario Weilguni <mweilguni@sime.com> writes:
> > I think all except the first one should raise a warning, isn't it?
>
> to_timestamp (and friends) all seem to me to act pretty bizarre when
> faced with input that doesn't match the given format string.  However,
> in the end that is an Oracle-compatibility function, and there is only
> one measure of what it should do: what does Oracle do in the same case.
> Can anyone try these examples on a recent Oracle version?

In Oracle10g Express those dates are rejected as invalid :

SQL> select to_timestamp('00000000 0300','yyyymmdd hh24mi') from dual;
select to_timestamp('00000000 0300','yyyymmdd hh24mi') from dual                   *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01843: not a valid month

SQL> select to_timestamp('         0300','yyyymmdd hh24mi') from dual;
select to_timestamp('         0300','yyyymmdd hh24mi') from dual                   *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01843: not a valid month

Cheers,
Adrian Maier