increasing shared buffer slow downs query performance.

От petchimuthu lingam
Тема increasing shared buffer slow downs query performance.
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hi friends,

I am using postgresql 8.1, I have shared_buffers = 50000, now i execute the query, it takes 18 seconds to do sequential scan, when i reduced to 5000, it takes one 10 seconds, Why.

Can anyone explain what is the reason, ( any other configuration is needed in postgresql.conf)

--
With Best Regards,
Petchimuthulingam S