Re: SELECT of pseudo hex value gives unexpected result

От Gunnar \"Nick\" Bluth
Тема Re: SELECT of pseudo hex value gives unexpected result
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Am 29.01.2019 um 17:39 schrieb Tom Lane:
> "Gunnar \"Nick\" Bluth" <gunnar.bluth@pro-open.de> writes:
>> Tried
>> SELECT 0x5e73266725;

[...]

> SELECT 0 AS x5e73266725;
>
> and that's the result you got.

Well, yeah, _that_ was pretty obvious. I just didn't expect ot to happen...

> I think that the SQL standard considers adjacent tokens to be invalid
> unless one of them is punctuation (e.g. 1+2), but our lexer is a bit
> less rigid about that.

it kind of comforts me that it's at least not defined like that in the
standard ;-)

Cheers anyway!
--
Gunnar "Nick" Bluth
RHCE/SCLA

Mobil   +49 172 8853339
Email: gunnar.bluth@pro-open.de
In 1984 mainstream users were choosing VMS over UNIX.  Ten years later
they are choosing Windows over UNIX.  What part of that message aren't you
getting? - Tom Payne

Вложения