Re: Best suiting OS

От Jon Nelson
Тема Re: Best suiting OS
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 4:46 AM, S Arvind <arvindwill@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is it FreeBSD, CentOS, Fedora, Redhat xxx??

FreeBSD isn't Linux.
Don't run Fedora, it undergoes way too much Churn.
No real difference between CentOS and RedHat.

I personally prefer openSUSE (or SLES/SLED if you want their
commerical offering). I find it faster, more up-to-date (but no
"churn"), in general higher quality. I find postgresql *substantially*
faster on openSUSE than CentOS, but that's purely anecdotal and I
don't have any raw numbers to compare.

openSUSE 11.1 has 8.3.8 and 11.2 (not out yet - a few months) will have 8.4.X.

--
Jon