Write Logical Replication Spill Files to different volume

От Klaus Darilion
Тема Write Logical Replication Spill Files to different volume
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello!

If I understand it right, the logical replication .spill files in the
pg_replslot subfolders are temporary files that need not survive server
crashes (as on postgresql restart the WAL senders will delete old spill
files, start again reading WAL and regenerate the spill files if
necessary).

For big transactions with plenty of replication slots, the spill files
may consume plenty of disk space. I think it would be useful to have the
spill files on a different disk, ie the "normal" database files and the
pg_replslot status file are on a high available volume (DRBD, shared
storage ...) whereas the spill files are only on local disks.

Is this already possible? If not, are there reasons why that should not
be done?

thanks
Klaus