about allow_system_table_mods and SET STATISTICS

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема about allow_system_table_mods and SET STATISTICS
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Until PostgreSQL 9.1, it was possible to run ALTER TABLE ... SET
STATISTICS without allow_system_table_mods.  In PostgreSQL 9.2 and
later, this no longer works.  This change was apparently accidental.  (I
gave up after a while trying to bisect it exactly, but probably
something related to 1489e2f26a4c0318938b3085f50976512f321d84.)

(It didn't work on mapped relations, so it wasn't all roses.)

A comment in ATPrepSetStatistics() still makes references to this being
possible.  I propose to remove this comment.

There was some discussion about (re-)allowing this and some other
commands like this, but after the recent changes to make
allow_system_table_mods easier to use, I think this has less urgency, so
I'd rather get the comment correct in the meantime.

Вложения