Re: [ANNOUNCE] pgAdmin 4 v1.0 Released!

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: [ANNOUNCE] pgAdmin 4 v1.0 Released!
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 10/03/2016 02:27 AM, Tim Clarke wrote:
> On 01/10/16 01:43, Adrian Klaver wrote:
>>
>> Before you run the python setup.py part you will then have to install
>> a lot of  Flask dependencies:
>>
>> Flask-Babel==0.11.1
>> Flask-Gravatar==0.4.2
>> Flask-Login==0.3.2
>> Flask-Mail==0.9.1
>> Flask-Principal==0.4.0
>> Flask-Security==1.7.5
>> Flask-SQLAlchemy==2.1
>> Flask-WTF==0.13
>>
>> also:
>>
>> django-htmlmin==0.9.1
>>
>> Then run python setup.py.
>
> Should those installs be into python 2 or python 3?

That would depend on what your system default is. I suspect 2.7. The way
to check is from command line:

aklaver@panda:~> python -V
Python 2.7.12

This triggered a memory. When I was building the Qt app it failed as you
posted with a cannot find flask module error. Then it popped up a dialog
window asking for the Python path and the binary path. To get the
program to work I had to enter the following for the Python path;

/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/;/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/

Your ~/site-packages directories may be in different locations. The
/usr/local/* is because that is where Flask threw the itsdangerous module.

I did not enter anything for the binary path.

>> Personally I would go this route:
>>
>> https://www.pgadmin.org/download/pip4.php
>>

> I'll research python virtual environments and try.

If you use the virtualenv you launch the Flask server in it and then use
a browser to connect to it. The QT desktop app just automates that by
launching the server in the background and then connecting via the
embedded Qt browser.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Re: Problems with pg_upgrade after change of unix user running db.
Сообщение: Re: Problems with pg_upgrade after change of unix user running db.