Re: POC, WIP: OR-clause support for indexes

От Tomas Vondra
Тема Re: POC, WIP: OR-clause support for indexes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 6/27/23 20:55, Ranier Vilela wrote:
> Hi,
>
>>I finished writing the code patch for transformation "Or" expressions to
>>"Any" expressions. I didn't see any problems in regression tests, even
>>when I changed the constant at which the minimum or expression is
>>replaced by any at 0. I ran my patch on sqlancer and so far the code has
>>never fallen.
> Thanks for working on this.
>
> I took the liberty of making some modifications to the patch.
> I didn't compile or test it.
> Please feel free to use them.

I don't want to be rude, but this doesn't seem very helpful.

- You made some changes, but you don't even attempt to explain what you
changed or why you changed it.

- You haven't even tried to compile the code, nor tested it. If it
happens to compile, wow could others even know it actually behaves the
way you wanted?

- You responded in a way that breaks the original thread, so it's not
clear which message you're responding to.

regards

--
Tomas Vondra
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company