Re: continuous data from stdin

От Harry Broomhall
Тема Re: continuous data from stdin
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 18 Feb 2003 18:09:45 +0000 (UTC),
Alexey.Veretennikov@comline.uu.ru ("???????????? ???????") wrote:

>Hello, everybody!
>
>I think it's a common question, though I couldn't find any information aboo=
>ut it so far. I've got a program that puts its logs into stdout. What is th=
>e best solution to insert these logs into a table as they occur?

    It rather depends on the volume of these logs, but a reasonable
first pass, if the volume isn't too big, would be to write a Perl prog
to listen on stdin and write to the database.

    If it was me I'd use tee as part of the pipe so I could have an
alternative record if something didn't work.

    Regards,
          Harry.