Re: Why is this system swapping?

От: Jeff
Тема: Re: Why is this system swapping?
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Why is this system swapping?  ("Anjan Dave", )
 Re: Why is this system swapping?  (Greg Stark, )
  Re: Why is this system swapping?  (Jeff, )
   Re: Why is this system swapping?  (Greg Stark, )
    Re: Why is this system swapping?  (Josh Berkus, )
    Re: Why is this system swapping?  (Jeff, )
 Re: Why is this system swapping?  (Jeff, )
 Re: Why is this system swapping?  ("Anjan Dave", )

On Apr 27, 2005, at 2:29 PM, Greg Stark wrote:

> "AI would seriously look at tuning those connection pools down. A lot.
> If your
> server processes are sitting idle over half the time I would at least
> cut it
> by a factor of 2.

Are you (Anjan) using real or fake connection pooling - ie pgpool
versus php's persistent connections ?  I'd strongly recommend looking
at pgpool. it does connection pooling correctly (A set of X connections
shared among the entire box rather than 1 per web server)

--
Jeff Trout <>
http://www.jefftrout.com/