Re: Using PQexecQuery in pipeline mode produces unexpected Close messages

От Álvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Using PQexecQuery in pipeline mode produces unexpected Close messages
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jun 10, 2022, at 8:25 AM, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:

The current implement of PQsendQueryInternal looks like the result of
a misunderstanding of the doc.  In the regression tests, that path is
excercised only for an error case, where no CloseComplete comes.

The attached adds a test for the normal-path of pipelined
PQsendQuery() to simple_pipeline test then modifies that function not
to send Close message. Without the fix, the test fails by "unexpected
notice" even if the trace matches the "expected" content.

Hah, the patch I wrote is almost identical to yours, down to the notice processor counting the number of notices received.  The only difference is that I put my test in pipeline_abort.

Sadly, it looks like I won't be able to get this patched pushed for 14.4.