Re: [pgsql-advocacy] First draft of Beta announcement

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: [pgsql-advocacy] First draft of Beta announcement
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
> On 5/12/17 10:58, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>> On 05/12/2017 07:01 AM, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

>> As this is a Beta announcement, the capitalization makes sense as a
>> whole.
>
> What is the theory behind the capitalization in any of these phrases:

1. Marketing.

2. Definition of proper noun
:  a noun that designates a particular being or thing, does not take a
limiting modifier, and is usually capitalized in English

3. When unhappy with #2, see #1

> * WAL support for Hash Indexes

WAL (this one is obvious), Hash (it is a proper noun) Indexes (agreed
not needed)

Hash indexes are a particular thing as well as a general technology. We
are highlighting the particular thing.

The rest, I agree there is a few where capitalization doesn't need to
occur but as a whole, it is not over the top.

JD

                         +1-503-667-4564
Unless otherwise stated, opinions are my own.