Re: pgbouncer packaging issue

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: pgbouncer packaging issue
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-yum
On 1/9/18 13:47, Brandon Snider wrote:
> You're installing /usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/pgbouncer.conf to create the
> /var/run/pgbouncer dir, but the permissions on that dir are too
> restrictive -- 700 -- for any file to be read by any user except
> pgbouncer and root. In my situation, for whatever reason my PHP
> implementation can't read unix sockets in /tmp,

That might need further explanation.

> and I would like to
> install the socket to the /var/run dir since the pgbouncer user has
> write permissions there. This is a very similar situation as the
> postgresql conf file which creates the /var/run/postgresql dir. I
> could manually change the directory permission myself, but it would be
> overwritten the next time there's a bouncer update.

Depending on the operating system, you should put the socket into /tmp
or /var/run/postgresql, because that's where a PostgreSQL client would
expect it.  The client isn't supposed to know that it's connecting to
pgbouncer instead.  So /var/run/pgbouncer is in any case not a
designated place for a Unix-domain socket.