Re: vacuum full doubled database size

От Ron
Тема Re: vacuum full doubled database size
Дата
Список pgsql-general
This is why I'd VACUUM FULL in a planned manner, one or two tables at a time, and locally from crontab.

On 3/13/20 8:41 AM, Zwettler Markus (OIZ) wrote:

We did a "vacuum full" on a database which had been interrupted by a network outage.

We found the database size doubled afterwards.

Autovacuum also found a lot of orphaned tables afterwards.

The ophan temp objects went away after a cluster restart while the db size remained doubled.

Any idea?

Postgres 9.6.17