Problem with Starting server 7.4.10_1 on FreeBSD

От |N_E_O|
Тема Problem with Starting server 7.4.10_1 on FreeBSD
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I have a question that might be noobish and it might not. I dont know cus i havent tried PostgrSQL before.
i did the simple task og installing the database server on FreeBSD 6.0 (make install clean in the ports tree).
I then did make auto-confige for the port /usr/net-mngt/nav/
It did the initdb command(/usr/local/etc/rc.d/010.pgsql.sh initdb) and got an "error":

initdb: file "/usr/local/share/postgresql/postgres.bki" not found
This means you have a corrupted installation or identified the
wrong directory with the invocation option -L.

Thoug this diden't seem to be a problem and it tried to start the db (/usr/local/etc/rc.d/010.pgsql.sh start)

FATAL:  "/usr/local/pgsql/data" is not a valid data directory
DETAIL:  File "/usr/local/pgsql/data/PG_VERSION" is missing.

Help please... i need to get the datebase working.