Re: post-freeze damage control

От David Steele
Тема Re: post-freeze damage control
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 4/11/24 10:23, Tom Kincaid wrote:

> The extensive Beta process we have can be used to build confidence we
> need in a feature that has extensive review and currently has no known
> issues or outstanding objections.

I did have objections, here [1] and here [2]. I think the complexity,
space requirements, and likely performance issues involved in restores
are going to be a real problem for users. Some of these can be addressed
in future releases, but I can't escape the feeling that what we are
releasing here is half-baked.

Also, there are outstanding issues here [3] and now here [4].

Regards,
-David

[1]
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/590e3017-da1f-4af6-9bf0-1679511ca7e5%40pgmasters.net