Re: [HACKERS] Optional message to user when terminating/cancellingbackend

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Optional message to user when terminating/cancellingbackend
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 06/26/2017 07:15 AM, Joel Jacobson wrote:
> +1
>
> On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 8:54 PM, Alvaro Herrera
> <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> Unless you have a lot of users running psql manually, I don't see how
>> this is actually very useful or actionable.  What would the user do with
>> the information?  Hopefully your users already trust that you'd keep the
>> downtime to the minimum possible.
>
> I think this feature would be useful for PgTerminator
> (https://github.com/trustly/pgterminator)
> a tool which automatically kills unprotected processes that could
> potentially be the reason why
>> X number of protected important processes have been waiting for >Y seconds.
>
> When I'm guilty of locking this in the production DB and get killed by
> PgTerminator,
> it would be nice to know the reason, e.g. that it was PgTerminator
> that killed me
> and what process I was blocking.

And not just the pid but literally "what".

jD

Advocate: @amplifypostgres || Learn: https://pgconf.us
*****     Unless otherwise stated, opinions are my own.   *****

От: Amit Kapila
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] intermittent failures in Cygwin from select_parallel tests
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] intermittent failures in Cygwin from select_paralleltests