Re: Viewing TEXT objects

От Michael Shapiro
Тема Re: Viewing TEXT objects
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
I have used text in all my tables in Postgres and have never had a problem
inserting data nor viewing it with PgAdmin. How do you know it isn't a JDBC
issue?

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 3:48 PM, mad rug <mad.rug.f@gmail.com> wrote:
Yes, that's how Ray said.

"88352" is not the data I have in that entry, it is some plain text data. This data can be quite large, so I use TEXT instead of CHAR/VARCHAR.

I'm puzzled how can this seem like some unusual situation... I thought that it was the way pgAdmin returned large objects (to avoid big unecessary loads or filling the screen with data that most of the time is not essential), and so it was only a matter of calling some function or changing some pgAdmin preference, but none of you seem to have experienced this before.

Any ideas?

Thanks again!

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 5:33 PM, Raymond O'Donnell <rod@iol.ie> wrote:
On 30/09/2009 21:28, Michael Shapiro wrote:
> What is wrong with these results? COL1 has the text value "88352"

I think his point was that this was what he got querying via pgAdmin,
while he got the actual column contents via JDBC.

Ray.

rod@iol.ie