Re: transactions from PHP - double COMMIT required?

От mikie
Тема Re: transactions from PHP - double COMMIT required?
Дата
Re: transactions from PHP - double COMMIT required?  (Martin Marques <martin@bugs.unl.edu.ar>)
Список pgsql-php
> > But getting back to my problem - perhaps there is something I
> > misunderstood: is it the client application responsibility to check if
> > the transaction failed or succeeded and issue COMMIT or ROLLBACK
> > accordingly (how do I close the transaction block in that case)?
> > Or is it the database server that is suppose to check if transaction
> > succeded and perform the query, or ROLLBACK if anything went wrong?
>
> PG will rollback all transactions that have an error in some part, as it
> can't commit the transaction as a whole.

OK, so my way of programming seems correct.
Then why do I have to send another COMMIT after failed transaction to
continue with next queries in the same php script ?

--
Mike

В списке pgsql-php по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: transactions from PHP - double COMMIT required?
Сообщение: Re: transactions from PHP - double COMMIT required?