Re: [HACKERS] Database owner installable modules patch

От Tom Dunstan
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Database owner installable modules patch
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 7:55 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> "Tom Dunstan" <pgsql@tomd.cc> writes:
>  > OK, I found an example that does NOT fit the "just drop all
>  > dependencies" scenario, but that I would still like to support. I just
>  > had a look at the postgis pl/java support, and its install does stuff
>  > like "SELECT sqlj.install_jar('file://${PWD}/postgis_pljava.jar',
>  > 'postgis_pljava_jar',  false);" and "SELECT
>  > sqlj.add_type_mapping('geometry', 'org.postgis.pljava.PLJGeometry');".
>  > There's no way we can deal with that sort of thing automatically, so
>  > we'll have to support uninstall scripts regardless.
>
>  Well, that just begs the question of what those commands actually *do*.
>  It seems not unlikely that they'd be inserting data into tables that
>  would belong to the module, in which case an uninstall that dropped
>  the table would be fine.

Those tables belong to a *different* module, though. I'm picturing
three modules here: pljava, postgis, and a postgis-pljava support
module that requires the first two, since it should be possible to
install postgis without requiring pljava. The above stuff was from the
install script of the postgis-pljava code, but inserted data into
tables owned by pljava.

Cheers

Tom