Re: [hibernate-team] PostgreSQLDialect

От Tom Dunstan
Тема Re: [hibernate-team] PostgreSQLDialect
Дата
Re: [hibernate-team] PostgreSQLDialect  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Nov 12, 2007 2:13 PM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
> > Oh, that's nice. Unfortunately, though. it only seems to support major
> > version number differentiation as an int. Apparently the idea that you
> > might have a version number like 8.3 didn't occur to whoever wrote it,
> > although to be fair it looks like the only implementation that
> > actually uses it is Oracle, where that assumption probably holds.
> > Probably wouldn't be that hard to hack to our purposes though...
>
> 800, 801 ...

Nice try :), but as I read the javadoc for DialectFactory it seems to
suggest that hibernate gets the major number from our JDBC driver,
which dutifully reports it as 8. I doubt that we're suggesting hacking
the JDBC driver to lie just to get around this wrinkle when the
obvious solution is to submit a patch to hibernate that makes it pass
both major and minor numbers through, and the Oracle code could
happily ignore the latter.

Cheers

Tom