Re: Radix tree for character conversion

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: Radix tree for character conversion
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

<08e7892a-d55c-eefe-76e6-7910bc8dd1f3@iki.fi>

>>> [..]
>>> The perl scripts are still quite messy. For example, I lost the checks
>>> for duplicate mappings somewhere along the way - that ought to be put
>>> back. My Perl skills are limited.
>>
>> Perl scripts are to be messy, I believe. Anyway the duplicate
>> check as been built into the sub print_radix_trees. Maybe the
>> same check is needed by some plain map files but it would be just
>> duplication for the maps having radix tree.
>
> I took a small stab at doing some cleaning of the Perl scripts, mainly around
> using the more modern (well, modern as in +15 years old) form for open(..),
> avoiding global filehandles for passing scalar references and enforcing use
> strict.  Some smaller typos and fixes were also included.  It seems my Perl has
> become a bit rusty so I hope the changes make sense.  The produced files are
> identical with these patches applied, they are merely doing cleaning as opposed
> to bugfixing.
>
> The attached patches are against the 0001-0006 patches from Heikki and you in
> this series of emails, the separation is intended to make them easier to read.

Thanks! Patches 0001-0003 seem to have been mostly unchanged for the
later discussion and everyone seems to be happy with those patches, so I
picked the parts of these cleanups of yours that applied to my patches
0001-0003, and pushed those. I'll continue reviewing the rest..

- Heikki