Re: PATCH: logical_work_mem and logical streaming of largein-progress transactions

От Tomas Vondra
Тема Re: PATCH: logical_work_mem and logical streaming of largein-progress transactions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 01/03/2018 09:06 PM, Tomas Vondra wrote:
> Hi,
>
> attached is v4 of the patch series, with a couple of changes:
>
> 1) Fixes a bunch of bugs I discovered during stress testing.
>
> I'm not going to go into details, but the main fixes are related to
> properly updating progress from the worker, and not streaming when
> creating the logical replication slot.
>
> 2) Introduces columns into pg_stat_replication.
>
> The new columns track various kinds of statistics (number of xacts,
> bytes, ...) about spill-to-disk/streaming. This will be useful when
> tuning the GUC memory limit.
>
> 3) Two temporary bugfixes that make the patch series work.

Forgot to mention that the v4 also extends the CREATE SUBSCRIPTION to
allow customizing the streaming and memory limit. So you can do

    CREATE SUBSCRIPTION ... WITH (streaming=on, work_mem=1024)

and this subscription will allow streaming, and the logica_work_mem (on
provider) will be set to 1MB.