Reminder: Call for Papers -- PGDay Austin 2016

От Jim Nasby
Тема Reminder: Call for Papers -- PGDay Austin 2016
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Just a reminder / heads-up for those who don't follow -announce.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject:     [ANNOUNCE] Call for Papers -- PGDay Austin 2016
Date:     Wed, 7 Sep 2016 19:54:22 +0000
From:     Debra Cerda <Debra.Cerda@bluetreble.com>
To:     pgsql-announce@postgresql.org <pgsql-announce@postgresql.org>

***PGDay Austin 2016 now accepting proposals for talks! *

Join PostgreSQL users and advocates in Austin for a day of PostgreSQL at
PGDay Austin 2016, on Saturday, November 12, 2016, at the Austin
Galvanize campus
<http://www.galvanize.com/campuses/austin-2nd-street-district/> (118
Nueces St. Austin, TX 78701).

Our theme is "Everything's Bigger in Postgres", with a focus on
PostgreSQL's role in the community of "Big Data" and Data Science --
deep computing, analytics, and scalability. We encourage content *for
all knowledge/experience level*s, and welcome content that speaks to
users new to PostgreSQL as well as practical applications and case
studies. *W**e welcome any PostgreSQL contributors and users, as well as
other external open source software communities* including -- but not
limited -- to Python, Django, Rails, JSON, and more to submit a proposal.

Each session will last 45 minutes, with an extra 10 minutes allotted for
for Q&As. Depending on response, we may offer dual tracks in the
afternoon as well as lightning talks. We are targeting up to 150
attendees, both local and across Texas and the U.S.

*Submission deadline is Wednesday, September 21, 2016* by midnight CST,
with notifications to be sent by Monday, September 26. Submit your
proposal via this form <https://goo.gl/forms/vKytC7GcNqh2Pd0q1>.

*Registration** will open soon --* it'll be a wonderful opportunity to
learn and network, and we'll have some great local food and refreshments
provided for attendees, along with a few other surprises!

*Sponsorship opportunitie*s are also available and we encourage your
support! Help us keep costs down for attendees as we work to onboard
more PostgreSQL supporters, users, and developers, as well as other open
source software communities.

*Our Silent Auction *will benefit ChickTech Austin, whose high school
program kick-off weekend will be taking place a few blocks away from our
event. We welcome donated items and services for this fundraiser.

Contact Debra.Cerda@bluetreble.com <mailto:Debra.Cerda@bluetreble.com>
or @debra_cerda via the Postgres Slack channel for more information,
including request for Sponsorship Prospectus.

Thank you to Galvanize Austin for their support as our venue sponsor.

Hosted by the Austin PostgreSQL User Group
<http://www.meetup.com/austinpug/>, an associate of the U.S. PostgreSQL
Association.