Re: What does error code PGSQL_TUPLES_OK (2) actually mean?

От ljb
Тема Re: What does error code PGSQL_TUPLES_OK (2) actually mean?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
john_ramsden@sagitta-ps.com wrote:
> I have ported a PHP MySQL app to PostgreSQL, and a pg_send_query()
> call is returning error code 2 (PGSQL_TUPLES_OK). Unfortunately
> the PHP manual lists the error codes but doesn't indicate what
> they mean, and pg_result_error() returns a blank message.
>
> As the token ends in '_OK', I suspect 'error' 2 isn't an error
> at all, but some kind of OK status. However, I'd like to confirm
> that. Does anyone have a reference where PostgreSQL error codes
> are listed along with the meaning of each?

(You might be better off with this in comp.databases.postgresql.interfaces.php)

I don't understand - pg_send_query() returns true/false, not an error code,
and there's no result handle to use with pg_result_error until you call
pg_get_result. Are you really trying to do asynchronous queries?