Re: Is it ok to run vacuum full verbose command for live database forthe tables which has more dead tuples?

От Fabio Pardi
Тема Re: Is it ok to run vacuum full verbose command for live database forthe tables which has more dead tuples?
Дата
Ответ на Is it ok to run vacuum full verbose command for live database for thetables which has more dead tuples?  (Raghavendra Rao J S V <raghavendrajsv@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general

Hi Raghavendra

answers in line here below:

On 18/07/18 11:13, Raghavendra Rao J S V wrote:
We have thousands of tables. But out of those tables, around 20 to 40 tables are always busy due to that those tables are bloating.

In order to avoid this we are running a shell script which performs vacuum full on the tables which has more than ten thousand dead tuples. While running this we are stopping all application processors and running vacuum full on the tables which has more dead tuples.

  1. Is it ok to run vacuum full verbose command for live database for the tables which has more dead tuples(greater than)?
nope

  1. Does it cause any adverse effect?

exclusively locks the table. Recipe for disaster.

What's wrong with the normal operations of autovacuum?

regards,

fabio pardi

Please clarify me. Thanks in advance.

--