Re: [HACKERS] Create subscription with `create_slot=false` andincorrect slot name

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Create subscription with `create_slot=false` andincorrect slot name
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 5/31/17 09:40, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Tue, May 30, 2017 at 3:01 PM, Peter Eisentraut
>> On 5/25/17 17:26, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>>> Another way to fix this particular issue is to not verify the
>>> replication slot name before doing the drop.  After all, if the name is
>>> not valid, then you can also just report that it doesn't exist.
>>
>> Here is a possible patch along these lines.
>
> I don't see how this solves the problem.  Don't you still end up with
> an error message telling you that you can't drop the subscription, and
> no guidance as to how to fix it?

Well, the idea was to make the error message less cryptic.

But I notice that there is really little documentation about this.  So
how about the attached documentation patch as well?

As mentioned earlier, if we want to do HINT messages, that will be a bit
more involved and probably PG11 material.