Re: let's make the list of reportable GUCs configurable (was Re: Add%r substitution for psql prompts to show recovery status)

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: let's make the list of reportable GUCs configurable (was Re: Add%r substitution for psql prompts to show recovery status)
Дата
Ответ на Re: let's make the list of reportable GUCs configurable (was Re: Add %r substitution for psql prompts to show recovery status)  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 01/10/2018 09:22 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> ... but I don't think it fixes that, because you couldn't send this new
> request without making an assumption about the server version being
> new enough to support it.  My entire beef with making server_version_num
> be GUC_REPORT is that it would encourage people to write client code that
> fails outright against older servers.  I'm afraid what you are suggesting
> will be an equally attractive nuisance.

It seems to me that is not our problem. Why do we care if some developer
says, "I only work with 9.6"? If I am understanding your complaint.

JD

>             regards, tom lane

PostgreSQL centered full stack support, consulting and development.
Advocate: @amplifypostgres || Learn: https://postgresconf.org
*****     Unless otherwise stated, opinions are my own.   *****

Сообщение: Re: BUG #14941: Vacuum crashes
Сообщение: Re: BUG #14941: Vacuum crashes