Re: Streaming Replication Configuration

От Gabriele Bartolini
Тема Re: Streaming Replication Configuration
Дата
Список pgsql-general
 Hi Carlos,

 On Thu, 15 Dec 2011 11:41:07 -0500, Carlos Mennens
 <carlos.mennens@gmail.com> wrote:
> carlos@db1:~$ psql -c "SELECT pg_start_backup('label', true)"
> psql: FATAL:  database "carlos" does not exist

 By default (unless changed at compile time or using environment
 variables), a client connection is instantiated using the system user.
 In your case 'carlos'. Another default setting is to use the same
 database as the username (in your case 'carlos' again).

 This is what is happening in your case.

 For more info, I suggest that you look at the 'Usage' section in this
 page: http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/app-psql.html

 Anyway, in order to execute pg_start_backup/pg_stop_backup in 9.1 you
 need replication role (or superuser).

> Now I'm showing they want me to use the -c switch to connect but no
> database is defined so is it implied that I need to add 'postgres'
> maintenance database in there or something else?

 If the user carlos in your database has replication privileges, you can
 try and execute the commands by connecting to the postgres database (if
 your pg_hba.conf file allows you to do that, but that's another issue).

 Ciao,
 Gabriele
--
  Gabriele Bartolini - 2ndQuadrant Italia
  Gabriele.Bartolini@2ndQuadrant.it - www.2ndQuadrant.it

Сообщение: Re: Streaming Replication Configuration
Сообщение: Re: Streaming Replication Configuration