Re: fairywren timeout failures on the pg_amcheck/005_opclass_damage test

От Alexander Lakhin
Тема Re: fairywren timeout failures on the pg_amcheck/005_opclass_damage test
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
26.07.2024 15:41, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

>> One way to workaround this is to disable debug_parallel_query in the test
>> and another I find possible is to set max_parallel_workers = 0.
>>

> But wouldn't either of those just be masking the problem?

Yes, I'm inclined to consider this behavior a problem (what if the table
contained 1M rows?), that's why I called those solutions workarounds.

Of course, there are parallel_setup_cost and parallel_tuple_cost
parameters, which can prevent this from happening in the wild, but still...

Best regards.
Alexander