Re: Log a sample of transactions

От Adrien NAYRAT
Тема Re: Log a sample of transactions
Дата
Re: Log a sample of transactions  (Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com>)
Re: Log a sample of transactions  (Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 1/15/19 11:42 AM, Masahiko Sawada wrote:
>> When you troubleshoot applicative issues with multi-statements transaction, you may have to log all queries to find
allstatements of one transaction. With high throughput, it could be hard to log all queries without causing troubles.

> Hm, can we use log_min_duration_statement to find slow queries of a
> transaction instead? Could you please elaborate on the use-case?

Hello,

The goal is not to find slow queries in a transaction, but troubleshoot
applicative issue when you have short queries.

Sometimes you want to understand what happens in a transaction, either
you perfectly know your application, either you have to log all queries
and find ones with the same transaction ID (%x). It could be problematic
if you have a huge traffic with fast queries.

Thanks,