Re: Passwordcheck configuration

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: Passwordcheck configuration
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 2020-03-20 at 12:30 -0400, Dave Hughes wrote:
> Thank you for the information!  This issue originated from a Department of Defense STIG
> (Security Technical Implementation Guides).  It's a security check that applications
> and databases have to go through.  I'll just leave this one as a "finding" since there
> isn't a way to really configure it to their requirements.

Our traditional answer is that for high security standards, you shouldn't use
passwords in the database, but some external authentication method like
Kerberos.  Then you can enforce the password restrictions there.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Сообщение: Re: Loading 500m json files to database
Сообщение: Re: Loading 500m json files to database