COPY command and required file permissions

От Harold A. Giménez Ch.
Тема COPY command and required file permissions
Дата
Re: COPY command and required file permissions  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: COPY command and required file permissions  ("bruno.scovoli" <bruno.scovoli@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-sql
Hi all,<br />In migrating an application from sql server to Postgres, I created a ruby script that extracts csv files
fromsql server (from a windows box), then SCPs them into a directory (/home/ruby_process) on the server running
Postgres(a Fedora core 8) and finally runs the Postgres COPY command for each of the csv files. <br /><br />When the
scriptruns the COPY commnand, I get the following error (for the genders table):<br /><br />ERROR    C42501  M could
notopen file "/home/ruby_process/genders.csv" for reading: Permission denied     Fcopy.c L1694   RCopyFrom
/>I'veset the permissions on the directory so that the postgres group owns the directory and has read and execute
/><br/>

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: