Re: Performance Improvement by reducing WAL for Update Operation

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Performance Improvement by reducing WAL for Update Operation
Дата
Re: Performance Improvement by reducing WAL for Update Operation  (Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas@vmware.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On February 4, 2014 10:50:10 PM CET, Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com> wrote:
>On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 11:11 AM, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com>
>wrote:
>>> Does this feature relate to compression of WAL page images at all?
>>
>> No.
>
>So the obvious question is: where, if anywhere, do the two efforts
>(this patch, and Fujii's patch) overlap? Does Fujii have any concerns
>about this patch as it relates to his effort to compress FPIs?

I think there's zero overlap. They're completely complimentary features. It's not like normal WAL records have an
irrelevantvolume.

Andres

--
Please excuse brevity and formatting - I am writing this on my mobile phone.

Сообщение: Re: Performance Improvement by reducing WAL for Update Operation
Сообщение: Re: Performance Improvement by reducing WAL for Update Operation