Re: [HACKERS] REINDEX CONCURRENTLY 2.0

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [HACKERS] REINDEX CONCURRENTLY 2.0
Дата
Re: REINDEX CONCURRENTLY 2.0  (Sergei Kornilov <sk@zsrv.org>)
Re: [HACKERS] REINDEX CONCURRENTLY 2.0  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 30/01/2019 06:16, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 29, 2019 at 09:51:35PM +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> On 16/01/2019 09:27, Michael Paquier wrote:
>>> index_create does not actually need its extra argument with the tuple
>>> descriptor.  I think that we had better grab the column name list from
>>> indexInfo and just pass that down to index_create() (patched on my
>>> local branch), so it is an overkill to take a full copy of the index's
>>> TupleDesc.
>>
>> Please send a fixup patch.
>
> Sure.  Attached is a patch which can be applied on top of what you
> sent last, based on what I noticed at review, here and there.  You
> also forgot to switch two heap_open() to table_open() in pg_depend.c.

OK, applied most of that.

I didn't take your function renaming.  I had deliberately named the
functions index_concurrently_${task}, so their relationship is more
easily visible.

Anyway, that's all cosmetics.  Are there any more functional or
correctness issues to be addressed?

Another thing I was thinking of: We need some database-global tests.
For example, at some point during development, I had broken some variant
of REINDEX DATABASE.  Where could we put those tests?  Maybe with reindexdb?

Вложения