Re: LONG delete with LOTS of FK's

От Larry Rosenman
Тема Re: LONG delete with LOTS of FK's
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2013-05-09 16:40, Tom Lane wrote:
> Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org> writes:
> On 2013-05-09 16:22, Tom Lane wrote:
> Perhaps it's blocked on a lock?  Did you look into pg_locks?
> Did you note whether the process was consuming CPU time and/or doing
> IO?
>
> all the locks were clear, and it was consuming CPU and doing I/O
> (D->S->D state), etc.
>
> Hm.  I'm suspicious that you still ended up with a seqscan checking
> plan.  Was this session started after you added all the missing
> If not, it seems possible that it was using a bad pre-cached plan.
>
>             regards, tom lane
I added the indexes on last friday, and we've done a number of vacuumdb
-zav's (every night) since then.

So, if there's a cached plan, it's not from me.

(we also restarted our app on Saturday night).

Phone: +1 214-642-9640 (c)     E-Mail: ler@lerctr.org
US Mail: 430 Valona Loop, Round Rock, TX 78681-3893

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: LONG delete with LOTS of FK's
От: Julian
Сообщение: Re: Design advice requested