autovacuum settings

От Jebus
Тема autovacuum settings
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I am totally new to postgres and I wondering what settings should I be
using for autovacuum ?
For now I just uncommented all the defaults, is this good enough ? The
database is not large but it is a web database so there is a lot of
inserts and updates.

autovacuum = on                         # enable autovacuum subprocess?
autovacuum_naptime = 60                 # time between autovacuum runs, in secs
autovacuum_vacuum_threshold = 1000      # min # of tuple updates before
                                        # vacuum
autovacuum_analyze_threshold = 500      # min # of tuple updates before
                                        # analyze
autovacuum_vacuum_scale_factor = 0.4    # fraction of rel size before
                                        # vacuum
autovacuum_analyze_scale_factor = 0.2   # fraction of rel size before
                                        # analyze
autovacuum_vacuum_cost_delay = -1       # default vacuum cost delay for
                                        # autovac, -1 means use
                                        # vacuum_cost_delay
autovacuum_vacuum_cost_limit = -1       # default vacuum cost limit for
                                        # autovac, -1 means use
                                        # vacuum_cost_limit

I also uncommented this too I am not what they are though ?

vacuum_cost_delay = 0                   # 0-1000 milliseconds
vacuum_cost_page_hit = 1                # 0-10000 credits
vacuum_cost_page_miss = 10              # 0-10000 credits
vacuum_cost_page_dirty = 20             # 0-10000 credits
vacuum_cost_limit = 200                 # 0-10000 credits