Re: Hadoop backend?

От Paul Sheer
Тема Re: Hadoop backend?
Дата
Re: Hadoop backend?
Список pgsql-hackers
> It would only be possible to have the actual PostgreSQL backends<br /> > running on a single node anyway,
becausethey use shared memory to<br /><br />This is not problem: Performance is a secondary consideration (at least<br
/>asfar as the problem I was referring to).<br /><br />The primary usefulness is to have the data be a logical entity
rather<br/> than a physical entity so that one can maintain physical machines<br />without having to worry to much
movethe data from one place to another. This is a major<br /> nightmare that happens once every few years for most
DBAs.<br/>It happens because a system needs a soft/hard upgrade, or a disk<br />enlarged, or because a piece of
installation.If the OS needs to be reinstalled, all<br />the data has to be manually moved in a way that is, well...
identicalmachine on standby in case of a hardware failure.<br />That means a short amount of downtime - most people can

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: 8.4 features presentation
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: Hadoop backend?