Re: [HACKERS] WIP Patch: Pgbench Serialization and deadlock errors

От Marina Polyakova
Тема Re: [HACKERS] WIP Patch: Pgbench Serialization and deadlock errors
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Hi, I did a little review of your patch. It seems to work as
> expected, documentation and tests are there. Still I have few comments.

Hello! Thank you very much! I attached the fixed version of the patch
(based on the commit 94c1f9ba11d1241a2b3b2be7177604b26b08bc3d) + thanks
to Fabien Coelho's comments outside of this thread, I removed the option
--max-tries-time and the option --latency-limit can be used to limit the
time of transaction tries.

> There is a lot of checks like "if (debug_level >= DEBUG_FAILS)" with
> corresponding fprintf(stderr..) I think it's time to do it like in the
> main code, wrap with some function like log(level, msg).

I agree, fixed.

> In CSTATE_RETRY state used_time is used only in printing but calculated
> more than needed.

Sorry, fixed.

> In my opinion Debuglevel should be renamed to DebugLevel that looks
> nicer, also there DEBUGLEVEl (where last letter is in lower case) which
> is very confusing.

Sorry for this typos =[ Fixed.

--
Marina Polyakova