Re: PGAdmin4 2.1 OSX bloat

От Darren Duncan
Тема Re: PGAdmin4 2.1 OSX bloat
Дата
Re: PGAdmin4 2.1 OSX bloat  (iPeel <dabs@peely.com>)
Список pgadmin-support
On 2018-02-21 8:54 PM, fahar wrote:
> The application size of pgAdmin4 is 184.5MB on MAC 10.13 machine and it's
> not reproducible, can you please share the exact steps so we can find the
> actual root-cause of this behavior.

I completely verify what iPeel said.

A PgAdmin4 2.0 OSX is 403.4MB and version 2.1 is 620.1MB in size.

Reproduction is trivially easy.

1. Just go to https://www.postgresql.org/ftp/pgadmin/pgadmin4/v2.1/macos/ and
download the disk image file pgadmin4-2.1.dmg whose COMPRESSED size is 234.1MB
(223.3MiB).

2. Open the disk image file and select the application bundle "pgAdmin 4.app"
and Get Info its size, which shows 621.1MB.

I'm using Mac OS 10.12 Sierra.

Perhaps the PgAdmin application proper is about 184MB as you said, in which case
it may be the combined size of that plus shared libraries or runtimes included
in the application bundle total the 600, but for any normal user the combined
size of the .app is what matters, its what they are actually copying and taking
up space.

If you think the .app is only 184.5MB, then I would ask where you got yours
from, surely not the official url above.

-- Darren Duncan