Re: BUG #18276: Heap-buffer-overflow triggered in src/backend/utils/adt/datum.c:163

От Zu-Ming Jiang
Тема Re: BUG #18276: Heap-buffer-overflow triggered in src/backend/utils/adt/datum.c:163
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Thanks for the feedback!

It's not reasonable to expect the system to figure out the behavior
of C functions (see: halting problem).  In the end this is why
creating base types is a superuser-only operation: it's possible
to crash the server with a wrong definition.  I don't see any prospect
of making that meaningfully safer.

I will adjust my fuzzer to avoid such issues.

Best wishes,
Zuming