buildfarm and git pull

От Alexander Kuzmenkov
Тема buildfarm and git pull
Дата
Re: buildfarm and git pull  (Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Andrew,

I have a question about how buildfarm works with git, could you please
help? We use buildfarm locally at PGPro to test our branches, and it
breaks when I rebase and force push to the repository. To get the remote
changes, buildfarm does 'git checkout .' followed by 'git pull', and the
latter breaks when the remote branch was rebased.

I was wondering if the buildfarm really has to do 'git pull'? Pull is
supposed to be used to integrate local changes with remote ones, but
buildfarm doesn't have any local changes, does it? It just has to
checkout the remote branch as-is. To do that, when the state of working
directory is not know, I'd do the following commands:

git fetch # get the remote changes
git checkout -f <remote>/<branch> # checkout the needed remote branch;
on conflict, use the remote files
git reset --hard # revert all modifications in tracked files
git clean -xfd # recursively delete all unversioned and ignored files

Do you think this approach is correct or am I missing something?

--
Alexander Kuzmenkov
The Russian Postgres Company