Re: BUG #18244: Corruption in indexes involving whole-row expressions

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: BUG #18244: Corruption in indexes involving whole-row expressions
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Thu, 2023-12-14 at 16:27 +0800, Junwang Zhao wrote:
> +   While you can use composite types in column definitions, there is usually no
> +   benefit in doing so.
>
> Is this true? If yes, we'd better update this to
> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Don%27t_Do_This.

I cannot think of a use case for composite type columns that wouldn't be
better served by directly declaring the columns of the composite key
in the table definition.  And it makes accessing the values more complicated.

So yes, I'd be on board with a "don't do this" entry.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe